I'm the Associate Director of Research IT at U.C. Berkeley, focusing on Architecture and Strategy. My day-to-day roles include:
- Manager, Research IT Architecture and Development group
- Program Director of Berkeley Research Computing
- Lead Architect of CollectionSpace, a collaboration that brings together a variety of cultural and academic institutions with the common goal of developing and deploying an open-source, web-based software application for the description, management, and dissemination of museum collections information.
- Technical Architect of Berkeley Prosopography Services, a web-services application that supports discovery, analysis, and visualization of historical social networks.
- Consulting Architect roles on Project Bamboo, a collaboration that developed IT support for research in the humanities, the BambooDiRT registry of digital research tools, UC Libraries Digital Collection, a shared system for managing and providing access to unique digital content from the ten UC campus libraries, among others.
I serve on program committees for a range of conferences and journals related to Web engineering, document engineering, and multimedia. Some of my papers and presentations are on the publications pages of this site.